Palm Pre Ringtones

by PalmWebOS.org on May 28th, 2009

Like any phone, the Palm Pre will come prepackaged with a set of default ringtones. But the Palm Pre is not “any phone” so this time around you’re incredibly curious of what your Pre might sound like the first time it rings:

Palm Pre Ringtone

This ringtone, titled “Pre”, was created along with 7 others by the chair of the UCLA Department of Music – Roger Bourland. Here are the names of all 8 ringtones:

• PRE
  • Flurry
  • Raindance
  • Scamper
  • Discreet
  • Triangle
  • Dulcimer
  • Anticipation

palm-pre-ringtones

I’m not a big fan of the PRE default ringtone myself, but I can clearly see the tremendous talent in Bourland’s work. I’m eager to listen to the other ringtones composed by him as I’m sure I’ll have a favorite that I will quickly fall in love with.

Speaking of falling in love, Bourland commented: “knowing that my micro-compositions will be performed in men’s pockets and women’s pocketbooks all over the world, is quite an honor.” Cool… in a creepy kind of way.

[Via RogerBourland.com – thanks Carl!]

11 Comments

1. 1. matt j wrote on September 17, 2009

these ringtones suck. How bout some with some meat to them

2. 2. Monique wrote on September 18, 2009

Well said, mattj – I just finished saying those same words to someone when I saw your post. When I had my Treo, I had a ton of ringtones that were way better. What gives?

3. 3. ggreenwood4 wrote on September 25, 2009

What did you expect from a phone with a retail price of ONLY $749.00.

4. 4. Keith wrote on September 27, 2009

If I were to choose a composer’s music to play, it would be Bach – something like the cello concertos –

Nice try guy – but not my taste. What happened to choice?

How do I get these generic, terrible ringtones off my Pre?????

5. 5. debbie p wrote on December 29, 2009

Can we download our own ringtones to the Ptezn

6. 6. Deb wrote on January 29, 2010

I agree. I have been trying to download or find some way of getting better ring tones, but no luck. I find it hard to believe that there is no ability to select my personal choices for ringtones!! Why????

7. 7. Jack wrote on February 16, 2010

These tones are lame and an insult to the buyer and the device. They weren’t “created,” they were found and should be put back. NOW!

8. 8. aaron wrote on April 2, 2010

Wow this is a great phone no probelms for me but the ring tones SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. 9. Sandra wrote on June 29, 2010

Palm Pre ringtones are the worst! How could a company that makes such great products have turned a deaf ear to the product’s ring options. There’s virtually nothing that’s really fun or pleasing. I’m looking to buy some better options.

10. 10. Cooper Morris wrote on December 5, 2011

Why don’t you compose something that suits your taste, Keith? Probably because you have never created anything in your life, you whiny, entitled consumer.

11. 11. dave wrote on December 15, 2011

I used the stock ringtone on my Palm Pixi up until a few days ago and it’s just about the gayest thing ever.