|by PalmWebOS.org on April 30th, 2009|
It was only yesterday that Michael Arrington from Techcrunch kicked off rumors about a 2nd WebOS phone. And today, courtesy of some tech blog teamwork, we’ve got pictures, names and specs to go along as well.
First, BoyGeniusReport dropped a super blurry version of a Palm device that you couldn’t even tell was a Palm device let alone whether or not it was running WebOS. It did however come from a legit source and you could make out the form factor – very Centro-like with a mix of Palm Newness.
Engadget followed that up with a MUCH more telling picture of the upcoming rumored device:
Engadget was also responsible for scooping up the specs and it appears this bad boy will be coming to AT&T:
- 4GB storage
- Price: $349 (pre-rebate)
- Camera: 2 megapixel fixed focus digital camera and flash / video capture
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1 w/ A2DP and EDR, USB 2.0 via micro USB
- Removable 1150 mAh battery (4 hours 3G talk time)
- Messaging: SMS, MMS (picture and video only), integrated IM client
- Contact sync with AT&T Address Book
- Cellular Video
- Email: POP3, IMAP4, and EAS support
- Audio: WAV, MP3, AAC, AAC+ ringtones
- Video Playback: MPEG4, H.264, H.263
Right now ALL of the names mentioned could be code names but we’re hearing the Palm EOS is the actual name, Palm Castle is the name codename and the name Pixie is floating around as well. I’m not a big fan of any of them – how about you?