New Palm Pre Accessory Announced!

by PalmWebOS.org on April 9th, 2009

Imagine it – you’ve got your sexy, glossy Palm Pre out of the box for the first time and it hits you… *GASP* how can I make sure this thing doesn’t get SCRATCHED but still keep it easily accessible at all times? Sprint will have you covered (literally) with a holster for the Palm Pre manufactured by AGF.

With this Palm Pre Holster the face of the phone actually points inwards – a smooth to open hinge drops the phone down, allowing you to comfortably view the Pre without having to remove it from the holster! An AGF representative told me that the main priority behind their new Pre Accessory was to “come up with a carry solution that would not scratch or cause any wear to the gloss finish of the phone.” The holster is 100% plastic, has a clear “door” so the beauty of your Pre remains in tact and the hinge was specially designed to open slowly, helping to ensure there are no “accidents” when clicking the door open to view any status updates on your Pre.

Not only has AGF built a product that focuses on functionality but it appears they’ve done it with class and style that remains true to the look and feel of the Palm Pre. While a more brandable name is on the way, the company is currently calling the accessory “AGF Holster with shell door”.

Are you a holster type of mobile user? If so, how does the AGF Holster for the Palm Pre look to you? If not, is the AGF Holster sexy enough to lure you into trying one out?

11 Comments

1. 1. drewski wrote on April 9, 2009

I’m not much of a holster person in the first place, but if I were I would prefer the sideways leather style holster with a magnet flap. I like to keep the bulk down.

2. 2. Chingon wrote on April 9, 2009

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…….

YES, I love it!!! I’ve always used holsters, so this thing actually looks really great. I will give a try, if my Pre looks good in it, I will buy and use it!!!

3. 3. Quixel wrote on April 10, 2009

Something similar to it in soft leather would be great and would make people that like flip phones consider the Pre. I have friends that want Flip so nothing happen when in your pocket like on my Motorola Q. This would have them consider the Pre which I wil buy asap. I do want some sort of slim case to prevent the scratches i have gotten by sliding it into my pocket.

4. 4. lostsole wrote on April 10, 2009

I’m not a holster person either, but this one looks nice enough to consider. Actually, it looks so nice that I’d feel the need to get a protective sleeve to keep my holster from getting scratched. :)

5. 5. feltmoney wrote on April 10, 2009

i’m not much of a holster person either but this looks SICK!!!!! i’ll be all over it!!

6. 6. Palm Pre wrote on April 10, 2009

I’m digging this. While I don’t like displayign to the world what phone I have (unless I am making a phone call), I think I would actually get this.

The only downside of the Pre is that it is kind of hard to make a case for the Pre that allows the phone to be used without removing it from the case.

7. 7. DeV wrote on May 28, 2009

is it a swivel 360 holster?

8. 8. Palm Pre Accessories | Palm WebOS wrote on May 28, 2009

[...] first leaked the Premium Holster in April and this is another purchase depending on lifestyle and preference. I’m not a holster type of [...]

9. 9. Riz wrote on June 20, 2009

When and where can we buy this?

10. 10. Riz wrote on June 22, 2009

When and where will this be available? Can;t seem to find anyone who sells them…

11. 11. Jhill wrote on July 24, 2009

yea where can i buy this, looks slick